Monday, November 17, 2008

Frosted Shredded Wheat for All Three Meals

I am on a diet, apparently, one of those in which you eat nothing but the same thing again for every meal. And so it is frosted shredded wheat--fresh snow powdered on all the browning crusty grasses. For breakfast this morning, I looked out the window in order to eat it as it coated the frost-toasted ground and everything else. For lunch, I heard it patter about me in its cold sweetness. For supper, I enjoyed the taste even as I felt it blowing through my sweater and bouncing against me like the spitballs of some imp. Is it sustainable, I ask, or is it just a fad diet come to yo-yo my clothing weight and my emotions in their preparation for the winter to come? As yet, the research results are inconclusive. I only know that I have eaten well today, and that it has been delicious.

3 comments:

Christy Joy said...

mmmmm....

I was craving frosted shredded wheat yesterday. The problem with Southern is that it get's cold, but we never seem to have the frost to cover the shredded wheat. It's sad...

Jen said...

yay for signs of friction reduction surface additions. now, if only our lack frost will give a double upgrade to snow...
i was waxing my snowskies earlier today in hopes of encountering snow at some point... or at least i can dream about it. and leafboard in the meantime ;)

shama said...

I know jealousy is not good, but... it can be so hard!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.