Thursday, August 13, 2009

True Friendship is a Knott Which Angel Hands Have Tied


And so it has happened. The White and the Blue Nile have joined into the one Nile, a river flowing through a desert land, a great swell of water that is life and a blessing to those around it because of its mighty Source...

Yes, I have cried tears. A brilliant blue bridesmaid dress could not prevent them, and neither could a reunion with my whole family. But they are droplets shed for an era past, not of real sorrow--they are for my childhood, our childhood. We grow, we blossom, we move on. And it is the acculmulation of all those growth spurts and transplants and waterings and buddings that has led to this celebration of two lives led by God's caring fingers. And I think that it is just as much for the wonder of this new and happy journey, for my brother and new sister, that I cry--joyful tears.

1 comment:

bekah said...

Emily I want to see a picture of you! (but these are lovely too)