Monday, February 4, 2008

Praise God for Words

Those of you who know me know that I am not a master of spoken English... I use a lot of "ums" and "likes" and "you knows", and I stutter sometimes, and in general, I have the unclean lips of Isaiah 6:5. But tonight God did indeed touch my lips with His living coal and I can only praise His name. I hardly remember exactly what I said or even the experience in general, except that I suddenly felt comforted as I stood in the front of the College Church, looking out on the faces of my peers--God was next to me, and as I spoke of His guidance in my life, I knew that He had guided me to that very spot. Yes, sometimes we will be led where we don't want to go, to the podium perhaps in order to speak at a student week of prayer, but God most certainly will give the right words in due season and will purify our lips.

No comments: