Thursday, August 7, 2008

Emily's Place

It hardly seems like two more months could have slithered already into the hole of history, and yet seemingly they have--I didn't get to know them very well either.

I only know that they woke me up sometimes at 2:30 a.m. to tromp me all 21.3 miles over the Great Range of the Adirondacks...

That they paddled me across Saranac Lake in a yellow double kayak with friends, made sailing boats of my green crocs, and tickled my hand into picking wild blueberries for a yummy fruit smoothie...

That they greeted me each morning with twelve horse rumps and generally nine saddles, and many rides worth of kids all wishing to share my joy...
That they burst over my head a little bubble of spiritual moisture, committed friends, and Godly purpose...
Yes, these slender two months have given me a glimpse of God's place, which has gratefully become...

3 comments:

Mr. Furface, Attorney at Law said...

I heard about your little hiking expedition, or bataan death march, whatever, from Chris, who heard about it from Shama, and it sounded like one of those things that people do without trying to think of it too much...lol. Well anyway I'm sorry I didn't say goodbye to you and a lot of other people before I left, but I figured all of you were still asleep. If this still even matters. Haha.

shama said...

what beautiful memories were created this summer, as well as much cherished friendships. Thank you for filling a place in my heart!

Caitlin said...

Dearest Emily,

I miss you! lots!
Thank you so much for your part in the best summer ever! You will always be in my heart.

Love ya!